Most laws regarding pay and benefits have anti-retaliation provisions. These provisions make it illegal for an employer to take adverse employment action against you because you:

  • File a lawsuit;
  • File a complaint with a state or federal agency;
  • Cooperate with a government investigation of the employer;
  • Make a formal complaint in the company, such as a written complaint to HR;
  • Make an informal complaint such as complaining orally to your supervisor.

A lawyer can help you make a complaint regarding pay or benefits in a way that best protects your rights.

Damages can include lost pay, emotional distress, liquidated or punitive damages, attorneys fees, interest, and costs.

The Law Office of Rob Wiley, P.C. represents individuals with retaliation claims. If you believe you have been retaliated against in the workplace, please contact us.

Contact Information:

Please do not include any confidential or sensitive information in this form. This form sends information by non-encrypted e-mail which is not secure.

Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship.