Board Certified
Best Law Firms
Super Lawyers
Avvo Rating - 10
Dallas Bar Association
Best Employment Lawyers in Dallas

Minimum Wage

The federal and state of Texas minimum wage is $7.25 an hour.

Certain states and cities have adopted minimum wages higher than the federal minimum wage. In such an instance, the employee is entitled to the highest minimum wage applicable.

With few exceptions, an employee must be paid at least the minimum wage for work done up to 40 hours a week. Minimum wage employees who work more than 40 hours per week may be entitled to overtime pay at the rate of one and half times minimum wage. Employers with employees who receive tips are not exempted from minimum wage. If an employees tips combined with the hourly wage do not equal the minimum wage, then the employer itself must make up any difference so that the employee receives at least minimum wage.

The Law Office of Rob Wiley, P.C. represents employees who are not paid the minimum wage. If you believe you have not been paid properly, please contact us.

Once you submit this form, our minimum wage lawyers will review it to determine whether representation may be appropriate for our law firm. Once we have read your minimum wage claim you may be contacted by the law firm for more information or to arrange for representation. It is very important that you correctly list your email address and a phone number where you can be reached.

Submitting this form does not make you our client. You will only become our client after both you and Mr. Wiley sign a representation agreement. In any claim where we represent multiple victims, we will endeavor to keep your information confidential. However, we may share your information with other clients or potential clients if the information would be beneficial to their case.

If you understand and agree to the terms and conditions described in this "About Your Submission" section, please complete the form below and return it to us by clicking "submit."

Contact Information:
Are you still employed?
How are you paid? (check all that apply)

Did you ever work more than 40 hours in a workweek?
What issues do you think you might have? Please select a box even if you are unsure whether or not you have a claim (that’s our job).

If you selected discrimination, check all discrimination that could apply:


Please do not include any confidential or sensitive information in this form. This form sends information by non-encrypted e-mail which is not secure.

Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Client Reviews
Mr. Wiley thoroughly reviews my documents and gave me great advise and put my mind at ease at a touch time. Easy to schedule and great office staff. A.S.
Honestly in providing options for cost/benefit of moving forward with litigation. Provided insight into Texas and Federal laws and how they would or would not apply. C.H.