The Texas employment lawyers at Rob Wiley, P.C. represent employees who have been retaliated against for taking leave. If you believe that you have been retaliated against for taking leave, please contact us.
Most laws regarding leave have anti-retaliation provisions. These provisions make it illegal for an employer to take adverse employment actions against you because you:
- File a lawsuit;
- File a complaint with a state or federal agency;
- Cooperate with a government investigation of the employer;
- Participate in a lawsuit, including as a witness;
- Make a formal complaint in the company, such as a written complaint to HR;
- Make an informal complaint such as complaining orally to your supervisor.
Our Texas employment lawyers may be able to help you make a complaint regarding leave in a way that best protects your rights.
Damages can include lost pay, emotional distress, liquidated or punitive damages, attorney fees, interest, and costs.Rob Wiley, P.C. has offices in Dallas, Austin, and San Antonio. If you believe that you have been retaliated against for taking leave, please contact us immediately.